|Posted by Captain Salem Vendari on May 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM|
(Official Pirates Scenario)
Each year the famous black fleet sails from Panama, through the Caribbean, and then onto Spain to bring the crown the gold pulled from the mountains of South America. Although the route and timing of the fleet are among the mostly tightly held secrets of the Spanish Empire, this year everyone knows where one of the Spanish galleons is—it has struck a reef off of the island of Cuba and is slowly sinking! Every ship in the area races to be of assistance—not to the crew, but to save the gold from sinking to the bottom of the sea.
Use all the normal rules for setup, with the following exceptions:
* The Black Galleon. To recreate the sinking Black Galleon, assemble any 5-masted ship (a Spanish one is preferred, but not required) so that it has only one side of its hull; when set on the table, it will roughly appear to be listing and sinking into the water; it blocks line of fire.
* Islands. Roll the die to see who goes first. The first player places his or her home island 4L from the Black Galleon. Other players then place their islands in the same way, starting with the player to the left of the first player.
* Treasure. Each player provides six treasure totaling 12 gold. Unique treasure may be used. Place all the treasure on (or near, for game play purposes) the Black Galleon, face down.
* To reflect that the ship is sinking, before the first player takes his or her first turn, place a six-sided die next to the ship, with the 6 showing. At the end of each turn during which treasure is removed, lower the number showing on the die by 1. The ship sinks at the beginning of the turn after the 1 shows on the die.
* You cannot shoot at the Black Galleon.
*Have the most gold on your home island by the time the Black Galleon sinks. Gold on ships may be used as a tie-breaker.